In the Community

August 20, 2015

NewGround at Parliament of World’s Religions

NewGround Presenting at Parliament of the World’s Religions A group of NewGround alumni will present at the Parliament of the World’s Religions Conference to be held in […]
March 30, 2015

NewGround at Adat Chaverim

Change-makers, Faraz and Eliyahu, Represent NewGround at Adat Chaverim “It was enriching to learn about the transformative experiences Eli and Faraz have had with NewGround. Their […]
March 25, 2015

Change-makers Achieving the Impossible Dream

Listening and Achieving the Impossible Dream by Abigail Barash Muslim and Jewish Young Adults Forge Community in Los Angeles Can Jews and Muslims actually get along? […]
February 28, 2015

Wrestling Jerusalem

NewGround Change-makers at Wrestling Jerusalem: NewGround Facilitator, Ramin Nematollahi, Speaks on a Panel at the Pico Union Project: Wrestling Jerusalem is a dynamic one-man play tackling […]
January 22, 2015

Remembering our Change-maker, Dr. Maher Hathout

Remembering and Honoring Our Change-maker, Dr. Maher Hathout: Aziza Hasan Appears on Straight Talk Podcast to Talk about Resolving Conflict “Don’t lose yourself to anger. The […]
January 22, 2015

Passover the Christian Extremists

Full blog post visible at patheos.com The recent tragedy at the Jewish Community Center in Kansas is a reminder that more than 3,000 years after the […]
January 11, 2015

NewGround Shares Stories

Board Member Edina & Alumna Lia Share NewGround Stories: On January 11, 2015, NewGround had the pleasure of presenting at All Saints Episcopal Church for an […]
January 1, 2015

Change-maker Leads Intentional Listening Exercise at Yeshiva in Israel

Alumna Sarah Fort Sholklapper Leads Intentional Listening Exercise at Yeshiva in Israel I led an intentional listening exercise for my community at an traditional, egalitarian yeshiva […]
May 14, 2014

Islam Plain and Simple’ by Tariq Jalil

One part of the NewGround process that stood out for me was being able to talk about Islam the way I understood it, how I practiced […]
April 22, 2014

Passover The Christian Extremists

*Split the Moon welcomes guest contributor Tarek Shawky, an attorney and former Public Defender, with his first column. -Tarek Shawky The recent tragedy at the Jewish […]
November 25, 2013

NewGround Alumni Share Core Values with Servas” by Ben Gertner and Fares Alhassen

As representatives of NewGround, we were invited to speak at a gathering of Servas about our experience as members of NewGround’s first cohort in 2007. Founded […]
November 10, 2013

“A Muslim Take on Pew’s Poll on Jewish American Identity” by Affad Shaikh

A recent Pew Research Religion & Public Life Project study on Jewish life in America got the cogs turning in my head from conversations I had […]
September 6, 2013

A Jew and A Muslim? by Affad Shaikh

A Jew and a Muslim… …sounds like the beginning of a joke or the beginning of an unpleasant story. Yet the recent Jewish Journal article with […]
July 7, 2013

A Household Story

On May 30th 2012, participants, supporters, and friends of NewGround, led by Rabbi Sarah Bassin, gathered at the King Fahad Mosque to honor those who had […]
April 8, 2013

Bringing the Values of NewGround to UCLA by Zack Ritter

I have taught courses on racism, classism, and sexism, but NewGround opened my eyes to the depth of understanding that can arise from interfaith dialogue. All […]